Making a good financial plan with money received from oil and gas bonus payments and royalties involves both art and science. Planning, establishing goals, and envisioning a desired future for yourself, your family, and your property is very much an art. Understanding the mechanics of oil and gas income such as declining well volumes, changes in the prices of oil and gas, as well as the structure and development of shale production units involves more science. The “science” can produce workable predictions which can create a framework from which to plan around. A good financial plan is going to involve both of these working together. Rather than going at it alone, why not work with professionals like us with proven experience in both the art and science of making good plans with oil and gas income?
- Current trends in gas leasing in the Marcellus, Utica and other shale plays
- Bonus Payments
- Seismic Testing Agreements
- Do I own the oil and gas rights to my property?
- OGM Tax Strategies
- Act 66 of 2013 – Pennsylvania’s Forced Unitization Statute
- Is Gas a Mineral?
- Landowner groups: the good, the bad, and the…extremely unattractive
- Family Trusts and Family Limited Partnerships
- 2011 Tax Tip – Save Some Bonus Money From Taxes
Did You Know?
Marcellus Shale, also referred to as “Marcellus Formation,” is a low density, organic-rich shale in the subsurface of the earth beneath the states of Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New York – as well as in small portions of Maryland, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia.