On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 the Pennsylvania Supreme Court issued its long-awaited decision in the case of Butler v. Charles Powers Estate, No. 27 MAP 2012. The Butler decision answers the question whether natural gas trapped within an unconventional shale formation … Read More
- Current trends in gas leasing in the Marcellus, Utica and other shale plays
- Bonus Payments
- OGM Tax Strategies
- Seismic Testing Agreements
- Is Gas a Mineral?
- Family Trusts and Family Limited Partnerships
- 2011 Tax Tip – Save Some Bonus Money From Taxes
- Landowner groups: the good, the bad, and the…extremely unattractive
- New Ethane Cracker facility
- Managing Lease Income
Did You Know?
Marcellus Shale, also referred to as “Marcellus Formation,” is a low density, organic-rich shale in the subsurface of the earth beneath the states of Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New York – as well as in small portions of Maryland, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia.